is ayre qb-9 dac better than cx7e mp?

sorry if this has been discussed, i read review that said the dac sounds better cx7e mp, not sure if this is true, i like the ayre sound, and contemplating whether to get the dac+mac or the cdp.
karmatogdral
In my opinion, the answer is no. I have listened to the Mac+DAC combo vs. the cdp and the cdp sounds fuller with more dynamics, present and body.
I think the big draw to the DAC is the improved USB interfacing for those who go the computer audio route.
Karma,

Your question is even more difficult than you may think. Unfortunately the axiom "Everything matters" is as true with computer-based playback as it is from more "conventional" sources. With a standard Mac using USB with a spinning hard disk, itunes, and the Mac OS you may get one result; with a solid state disk, different software, or a different interface you may get a completely different result.

Spend some time over at Computer Audiophile and I think once you get past the overwhelmed feeling you'll begin to develop a better sense of the issues and (hopefully) some direction. I'm in the process of doing that myself.

Good luck!