Bryston BDA-1 DAC, any thoughts?

Curious about the Bryston BDA-1 stand alone DAC. Anyone own one of these or auditioned one?
How does the remote volume control work?
Using it with or without preamp?
Thanks!
128x128rja
i purchased a BDA-1 after chatting with Drubin about them vs. Berkeley.

have had it a year and have felt NO reason to upgrade at all. i like having all the digital inputs as well---since i run my BD and DVR through the Bryston....therefore only 1 set of analog interconnects are used in my system.

i also took it to a professional musician who put it in his rack/studio for a few days---to say he was impressed is an understatement.

computer audiophile reviews both and says the berkeley is a tad better, but better off saving 3k and buying more music.

cheers
like just about any other product that gets modded - it will void the manufacturer's warranty. Hopefully there will never be a need to repair it within the 5 year warranty period or at least the modder will hopefully honor the warranty...
not a review specifically but I did notice that this unit is about the only DAC I've seen that will take in 24/192 as an input. lots output that but this unit seems like it will take it and upscale from there?

might be of interest if this is true and unique for a future proofing benefit.
PS Audio's Perfect Wave DAC input is capable 192 khz 32 bit data via its I2S, XLR, and RCA Coax inputs.
I am wondering how much difference the Bryston would make with the sound of a run of the mill cd player. I have an old "juke box" technics 110 that I like to let run occasionally in a secondary system. Could one expect a good result via coax or toslink to a the Bryston DAC? Anyone with thoughts or experience?