Sony SCD-XA5400ES-Best SACD for under $10,000

This Sony player supplanted my Ayre C5-XE 3, which I still have, months ago. I paid $6000 for the Ayre after determining that it was the best-sounding unit for under $10,000. The Sony blows it away!!!
A unit costing $1500 besting all others under $10,000? That is exactly what it does!
For reference, I am using Audio Research electronics and Vandersteen speakers and subwoofers (about $30,000); a similar system has repeatedly been lauded as "best of show" at CES, so we are NOT talking second-rate stuff here.
This Sony is the only SACD/Cd player I have EVER heard that puts a classical piano live in my living room; nothing I ever had before even comes close.
This unit is a small miracle. I would have gladly paid $8000 for it, but if they want to give the thing away for $1500, who am I to argue?
This unit is going to send the engineers at Audio Research, Luxman, Esoteric, and Ayre back to the drawing board; their current units at 4 to 5 times the price are not even close. Some engineer at Sony is a freaking genius!!!
wa6itd
Thanks, Jwm. Yes, I ordered the upgraded umbilical on Dan's advice. I have nothing to compare it to, but trust him when he said it makes a difference. My sense of Dan is he is under-stated. When he says something makes a nice difference, it is the equivalent of other audio companies saying they have revolutionized the industry. Question for 5400es owners -- what is the best power cord to use? I'm amazed at the difference I'm hearing with using the Transparent Audio and the Audience....shows how resolving the 5400es is for me to hear the difference in a power cord swap.
i've had good luck w/ cabling from TG Audio (the new stuff), but i've had great luck w/ grey top 6sn7s and mullard 5ar4s in the unit. and do address vibration w/ a good footer.

unit responds well to tweaks...and for the $, its a friggin bargain. so detailed & musical, so antithetical to digital.
I also had good luck changing the players tubes to the Sophia's. I noticed an improvement over the stock affair. I also upgraded the power supply to a NOS GE (Mullard). This a excellent player with Dan's mods. My only complaint is the player has some noise between cirtuits and tube board due to proximity I believe. This is noticable when the pre amp gain is turned up without the source coming through.