Sony SCD-XA5400ES-Best SACD for under $10,000

This Sony player supplanted my Ayre C5-XE 3, which I still have, months ago. I paid $6000 for the Ayre after determining that it was the best-sounding unit for under $10,000. The Sony blows it away!!!
A unit costing $1500 besting all others under $10,000? That is exactly what it does!
For reference, I am using Audio Research electronics and Vandersteen speakers and subwoofers (about $30,000); a similar system has repeatedly been lauded as "best of show" at CES, so we are NOT talking second-rate stuff here.
This Sony is the only SACD/Cd player I have EVER heard that puts a classical piano live in my living room; nothing I ever had before even comes close.
This unit is a small miracle. I would have gladly paid $8000 for it, but if they want to give the thing away for $1500, who am I to argue?
This unit is going to send the engineers at Audio Research, Luxman, Esoteric, and Ayre back to the drawing board; their current units at 4 to 5 times the price are not even close. Some engineer at Sony is a freaking genius!!!
wa6itd
Hey : Tell it like it is ,,If they don't like it too bad....This is the best thing that can happen to Audio! Bring competative prices back to reality....Thank you Sony
Im contemplating between this cd player and Marantz 15s2 strickly for headphone listening. Of course, to find a dealer for actual audition is nothing short of miracle, so I'm going to have to take people's opinion into consideration.
It is good to hear about this kind of find. First because of this company---I doubt anybody thinks you have a connection to Sony---and second, its price being affordable.
'Glad I don't own the Ayre unit.
Then we have the usual: How's it on red book? Most of us have some sacd and plenty of regular cd's --AND; maybe what cables do you use?
I would simply say the Sony XA5400es is a sensual aural experience.
What I most observe is listening intently or casually with the same enjoyment.
I heard Indigo girls "Become You" on SACD today.
Excellent album,whereas on regular CD I didn't realize it was such a strong performance.
The timbre & balance of frequences are terrific
The Sony is Inspired!