Question on DACs...........

I am using a Cambridge Azur 840c CD player and may upgrade one of my amps (a Naim Nait 5 i) to the Supernait which has a DAC onboard. Do any of you know which might be the best route to go - bypassing the DAC in the Cambridge and using the one in the Supernait or simply using the one in the Cambridge as this player, while not expensive has a great reputation. That is using the DAC in a $1,500 piece of gear or the one in a $5000 piece.

Apparently there isn't a lot of difference between the 5i and the Supernait, the DAC being the big difference and if the DAC in the Supernait turns out to be much superior then I will upgrade.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks
thomastrouble
I'm not familiar with the Supernait,but if you can hook both up at the same time,(analog and digital outputs from the 840c)
then you could A/B them easily.To be safe turn the volume down
before switching between analog and digital inputs.Using an auxiliary input for the analog may make it easier to do a A/B comparison.♫
Thanks a lot Hifitime. Now, when you say "A/B" them, do you mean to compare the sound quality? If so, the problem would be I would have already bought the Supernait in order to try this. However, I may be able to find a retail store that has both items and test them there.
Yes,sound differences between the Dac's. .I thought you were going to be in possession of both.
Find audiogon member grimmace.
His experience with the 840 is great. I would trust him when he tells you to skip the naim.