Question on DACs...........

I am using a Cambridge Azur 840c CD player and may upgrade one of my amps (a Naim Nait 5 i) to the Supernait which has a DAC onboard. Do any of you know which might be the best route to go - bypassing the DAC in the Cambridge and using the one in the Supernait or simply using the one in the Cambridge as this player, while not expensive has a great reputation. That is using the DAC in a $1,500 piece of gear or the one in a $5000 piece.

Apparently there isn't a lot of difference between the 5i and the Supernait, the DAC being the big difference and if the DAC in the Supernait turns out to be much superior then I will upgrade.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks
thomastrouble
I'm not familiar with the Supernait,but if you can hook both up at the same time,(analog and digital outputs from the 840c)
then you could A/B them easily.To be safe turn the volume down
before switching between analog and digital inputs.Using an auxiliary input for the analog may make it easier to do a A/B comparison.♫
Thanks a lot Hifitime. Now, when you say "A/B" them, do you mean to compare the sound quality? If so, the problem would be I would have already bought the Supernait in order to try this. However, I may be able to find a retail store that has both items and test them there.
Yes,sound differences between the Dac's. .I thought you were going to be in possession of both.