PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport/DAC experiences

I want to know your experience with the PS Audio Perfect Wave combo.
Could you compare with other CD Players ?
Do you use them with or without preamplifier ?
I will apreciate your opinions and experiences.
Thanks
elduende14
I have one of the first 25 PW combos in this world. After breaking-in the combo for about 200 hours using good HDMI cable like the Wireworld Silver Starlight 5.2, there is no point to keep my Ayre C5XE SACD player.

I am still using my ATC SCA2 pre with the PW combo. The sound is a bit better with my SCA2, but mind you that the SCA2 worth close to US$10K now. If you have a mid-fi pre, then I would suggest you to sell the pre to save some money.

By the way, using the PSA's own I2S-12 HDMI cable really improve the performance of the combo.

If you have a budget of US$6000 to spend on CD player, the PW combo is a no brainer. Plus the PW combo is a lot more flexible and a great potential if you are into music server.
I owned the Levinson Refercence 31.5 Transport and 30.6 DAC. I thought I'd keep them forever. However because of issues with Harmons poor service, I started looking for a new digital system that would sound better and not break the bank. So I took a chance and ordered the PWT/PWD from Music Direct.
Upon first listen I preferred the Levinson sound. But as the PWT/PWD broke in, I found myself listening to the PWT/PWD combo more and more. In fact I had to make myself switch to the Levinson stuff.
The fact is, I have enjoyed listening so much more since I sold off my Levinson front end and switched to the Perfect Wave. The PWD/PWT have a way of involving one in the music. It just sounds right. Also as I'm wanting to go the server route the PWT/PWD appear to fit the bill.
As for tweeks, I have found that placing 3 Mpingo disks on both the transport and DAC really made the combo sing. Other tweeks have been Herbies Tenderfeet under the transport placed as close as possible to the factory footers and to the right of each. The DAC didn't seem to like this arrangement so I'm now using 3 Vibracones two in front and 1 in back (middle). I'm going to have another group of tenderfeet sent out to try with the DAC.
As for the HDMI cable, I started with a Nordost (don't remember the model) and am now using a Signal Cable HDMI.
I'm hoping to try the PS Audio silver HDMI in the near future.
For powercords, I've tried the stock, Synergistic Research, Signal Cable Digital, and VH Audio Flavor 4.
Of these the VH Audios seems to be the one to use in my system. The bass gained more impact and was more transparent.
Give Bes a call at Music Direct, I'm sure they'll set you up with a 30 day audition. He is very easy to work with.
See my system if you'd like to see howeverything is situated.
Hope this helps.
Steve
Is it just me or do the displays on these units look,how say I say this,cheesy?Just my thoughts.