Best USB DAC under $1000

My modded Music Hall just got trounced by a Cambridge 840C. The only thing that's keeping me from buying a cambridge is space. I'd like to use the digital out from my Denon DVD or from my PC into the DAC. It must have COAX, USB & Toslink inputs.
It appears the new Cambridge DAC has different processors? The Music Hall looks good but probably not as good. The Cayin gets good reviews too. The top of my list right now is the PSAudio iii. Any thoughts or other suggestions?
I'm looking for very even full response, neutral sounding but not dry. Thanks for the help.
elevick
Great responses. THANKS!
Considering that I used to have a CAL Alpha and am using the PS Audio as my base comparison, I have a lot of homework to do. I'll keep you folks posted.
I will toss in my recomendation: audition an April Music Stello DA100 Signature. The MSRP fits your budget and I have found it a very musical DAC for a committed analog guy.
I am very interested in the MHDT Havana or Paradisea+
for a music server I am planning.

Has anyone compared these 2 MHDT DACs using Glass
Toslink vs USB? I ask because I am either going with
a MacMini or an AppleTV. The AppleTV is my first
choice but it only has Toslink. If USB sounds better than
Toslink on the MHDT DACs, then I will end up getting
the MacMini which is able to stream digital over the
USB Port..
Has anyone compared these 2 MHDT DACs using Glass
Toslink vs USB?

I've done some comparisons. The SPDIF options are clearly superior on the Paradisea + that I recently sold, offering a better soundstage and image specificity. I haven't tried the same on a Havana, but have compared Havana to Paradisea using SPDIF. I'd say the Havana had superior extension at both ends, while I thought he Paradisea had a slightly smoother midrange. Overall, the extension was enough to make the Havana a clear choice to my ears, but I would not kick the Paradisea out of bed either. They are both fine DACs for the money. The Havana also gives you the option of rolling opamps for a slightly different sound. You'll have to hit someone else up on experience there as I have none. I'd definitely go for the SPDIF, unless the Havana converts USB straight to I2s.
Has everything you need, and more. Most likely under a year old. Superior to any of the lower priced dacs.