Tubes for Raysonic CD 168

I have a Raysinic cd 168 tube cd player which is using the Electro Harmonix 6922 tubes. I would like to hear from other Raysonic owners as to what tubes they are using and what it did to the sound. The rest of my system is: Classe 15 amp, Audible Illusions Modulus 3a pre with 6h23eb tubes, Vandersteen 2ce speakers. All interconnects are mit terminator 2 and speaker wire is also mit terminator 2. Power cords and conditioning are courtesy of Shunyata.
128x128stereo5
*No, 6CG7 cannot substitute 6922. Aside from filament current draw, 6CG7 cannot even come close to 6922, unless you are confident enough to play with the circuitry (reset the bias, plate load resistors, grid bias, etc.).

Here are the proper listed subs for 6922:

6922WA, CCA, CV10320, CV2492, CV2493, CV8065, E88CC, E88CC01, ECC868
I'm not good at articulating tube virtues (or their lack). When I stick in a pair or
quad of new tubes my reaction is totally subjective and comparable only to
what I've preferred before. Sure, I listen for the usual stuff -- openness, clarity,
dynamics, bass, balance, etc. -- but more important is "Does it grab me?
" The 6N1P tubes definitely grabbed me for a while but in the space of
several months I was ready to try something else. That said, they're definitely
worth hearing, and so inexpensive it costs practically nothing to do so. But the
Bugle Boy 6DJ8s show me all that good stuff noted above plus the level of
"involvement" (trite, but can't think of a better word) that no others
have delivered over time. To me, in my system (Aesthetix Calypso linestage,
SET monoblocks designed and built by a friend, Gallo Ref 3 speakers and
subwoofer amp, Morrow Audio cabling).
Thanks, "involvement" is a good bottom line description!! I think I know exactly what your saying I use Amperex 6DJ8's in the Joule amps(sometimes Amperex 6922's or 7308's but whenever I try any of the Russian tubes it seems they all have a thin grainyness to the sound, very bothersome, and I can't get the Amperex's back in fast enough. The same was true with the Ray 168.
As a side note when I had the Calypso I used Amperex 12Ax7,D and Halo getters, then tailored he sound with the 6922's.