Verity speakers for $7k or less?

After some good suggestions for musical non-fatiguing speakers in thread so named - I'm focusing in on the Verity line. There isn't anything I've auditioned in that price range that've bowled me over. And if there were some good sounding speakers I ultimately found them too aggressive or fatiguing. Dynaudio Confidence 2s comes to mind tho they were otherwise impressive.

Other threads have said that you had to start midline and up with the veritys to get something satisfying for the long term. What would that speaker be? And can it be had for $7k or less? Thanks!
larrybou
One slightly different POV on Verity/Cary. I've used my P/Es with a pair of Cary 805 mono amps for several years and really enjoy the combination. As Frank notes above, this definitely goes to the warm/dark side of true neutrality, but it sounds very, very good nonetheless. If your goal is to preserve true neutrality, then I agree that you might want to go a different way. OTOH, if you're more flexible there, you might find a Cary/Verity pairing very seductive.

Marty
Thanks - the plot thickens. My Cary Silver Oak speakers sounded neutral to me which made them versatile for just about any genre. Truth be told I probably darkened and warmed the sound somewhat with all purist audio cables in any case.

Are you also using a Cary tubed pre in your system?
I use a Cary V12R to drive a pair of Fidelio Encores. It's a solid combination and Fedelios can be had in the $5k range. Great, moderately sized speaker. Very refined sounding.
Larry, if the preamp question was directed to me, the answer is no. I've used a bunch of different "pre"s over the years, ranging from warm sounding tube units (Audible Illusions and Joule Electra) to more neutral sounding tube units (ARC) to classic SS sound (Benchmark). Depending on my mood (and the source material) I might favor any of the above on a given day. The AI is probably closest to the Cary sound and I liked that combo very much.

As always, YMMV.
I might have to unbox the GLP 98 after all. I know it excels at warmth and sweetness over ultimate detail - and the Verities like detail. But it could be very good anyway.

I'm past the point of obsessing over maximizing the performance of my audio system. Just looking to have good sounding music around the house after a hard days work these days...