Current Inexpensive CD Vs High Priced 90's

Looking for advice as there are few dealers in my area to make comparisons with my own ears.

I'm having a bad stereo year & a bad financial year. Latest piece of gear to go is my PS Audio SL3 D/A. Repair MAY be an option, but there are no highly regarded shops anywhere near me.

The PS Audio is HDCD, but tops out at 20/96. I've been running the PS Audio with a 90's Teac/Esoteric P10 & Illuminati Digital Cable. The combined list on the 2 pieces + cable in the 90's when purchased was around $3200. I like the sound of the combination quite a bit.

With that said, how much of a downgrade sonically would the Oppo DV-980H be compared to my current rig?

Any other suggestions for an inexpensive solution (either 1 piece or outboard d/a)? My Esoteric Transport still plays perfectly, but on cdr's sometimes thinks about it for awhile before playing.

The rest of the system is a Mod Squad Line Drive deluxe pre, a mediocre Adcom 555 Mk 2 that I also hope to replace, NHT 2.5I speakers & various 90's Tara cables.
moomoo
Stanwal, thank you for your help! If Martin Colloms is saying it's almost twice as good as the Meridians, it's likely also better then my PS Audio, which I'd say was about 30% better then the Meridians.

Do you know if he gave it the 42 with or without the add on $199 power supply?
I just s/w a new local dealer I wasn't previously aware of who carries the MF, with a 30 money back & 60 day 100% exchange, so I'll likely be checking it out.
It was without any added power supply, just as it comes over here for $299.
Wow, i can't wait to hear it wilth the upgraded power supply! I hope to hear it tomorrow. From reading, my only concern is I THINK it doesn't have HDCD.

This dealer also does repair. If I'm not happy with the MF, I'll seriously consider having them repair my PS Audio. I am going to have them repair mt NAD 2600 so I can get rid of the Adcom 555 I've been using.