old cdp that hangs with new ones

just wondering what old players that u guys have had in the past that would hold their own with newer pricier players.
flyin2jz
Jadis JD3 built 12/97, bought used in 07/03 for EUR 1.200 which must have been about a third or a quarter of list price at that time.

In honesty, I had it modified in 11/07 though after it had become disturbingly noisy. Still going strong now in my SET system.
i own an audionote cd2. selecting an appropriate tube makes this player a worthwhile audition. in addition some of the older wadia gear is pretty good, as was the forsell dac and transport.
Just keep a eye on Ebay,you'll find one,still kind of in shock on how it sounds,is it mostly attributable to the Philips chip,the transport,cant imagine it has a big power supply in it,but they did something right.
coffeey, does your unit have a remote? have you ever heard nad cdp? i think it would be worth the money if i can find one. do you have any idea which older mag units have this specific chip? cheers
the theta miles with balanced outputs, was $2495 new now can be had for around 7 to 800 dollars. a fantastic sounding cd player, with a analog volume out, one of the best sounding cd players I have ever heard . chris