Vibration Control

Why do solid state audio electronics with no moving parts need or benefit from vibration control? 

It makes perfect sense that turntables, CD transports, R2R tape decks, loudspeakers & tubed electronics (w/ potentially micro phonic tubes) might all benefit from various methods of vibration control or mitigation but I don’t see why anything else would. Any thoughts??

jonwolfpell

My personal experience - it is the cabinet and the drivers that are most affected by vibration whereby the music suffers.

@donavabdear Okay, but it still sounds like you used some top notch equipment built to higher standards and not some off the shelf generics. I guess I read too many reviews.

All the best,
Nonoise

I've had some experience with using a "Vibra-Plane" device to quell vibration.  It was a total surprise to hear the results of placing a preamp, a CD player and a turntable on it in rotating sequence.  An immediate improvement was obvious on all components tested.  I was told that electron microscopes are commonly placed on the VibraPlane to improve imaging, but I have no experience with that use. This post might encourage me to dig it out of storage and give it another try !

Nothing else needs these devices.., the sources main speakers and sub woofers and very sensitive playback … turntable nothing else