PSVANE Discussion & Impressions Thread

Hi everyone,

We are the official PSVANE team, and we are thrilled to announce the release of our latest Horizon series vacuum tubes. This discussion thread is dedicated to engaging with you and addressing any questions you might have about PSVANE vacuum tubes.

With 16 years of experience in the tube sector, our team is empowered by many seasoned experts. We invite everyone to join in sharing, communicating, and discussing any questions and knowledge about vacuum tubes here.

128x128alightronics

Just wanted to add that I am a wee bit peaved that most of us continue to refer to Psvane as “P” “s” vane. I did check with them. The s is silent. The correct pronunciation is “Pvane”!

I am on my 3rd quad of EL34PH tubes being run in my Cary SLI-50.

Fantastic sounding tube. While having a different presentation than the Winged-C’s, they are very similar from a qualitative standpoint. The Winged-C’s have been some of the best sounding/performing tubes I have used in the amp. 

Love the EL34PH. Well balanced tube, with a great sense of space/air. Tight bass, textured mids and clean/extended highs.

I do have to complain about the longevity of these tubes, which quite frankly sucks. 

The first quad had issues w red plating after a couple of hundred hours. The dealer replaced them with a fresh quad after some back and forth. The second quad lasted a little longer, and one of the tubes red plated from that also. 

Ran some KT77’s for a while after that followed by some elcetrohome tubes (which did not deliver) so I ordered another quad of the EL34PH’s and I am hoping these prove to be a bit more reliable. If they are not, I will have to go back to the Winged-C’s which have sadly become rather expensive - but at least I know they last for a more reasonable amount of time.

@perkri Hi!We have just reviewed the after-sales data for this product and found very few issues. It is likely that there was a problem during the transportation of this batch. Regardless, if your product is still within the warranty period, we will assist you with the after-sales service.