Holbo airbearing turntable

Hello, first time posting. I'm seriously thinking of getting this turntable, but I have to order direct overseas. Does anyone have some experience with this turntable and the manufacturer?

Thanks

pmcarro

Suggest you practice installing a dirt cheap cartridge a few times. Then graduate to something worthy of the table.

@terry9  - @frazeur1 Both your reports are enough to further stimulate my interest already expressed in the recent past about an Air Bearing used on the Platter.

The idea of having one of these TT's to be as the TT, that is assisting my return to using a Belt Drive is of interest, as I am without regular use of a Belt Drive for many many years.

The Linn used a few decades ago is stored to be used for a periodical demo' but I can listen to Linn Decks in other systems so do not hold too much interest in them.

An Idler Drive TT, is also a relatively easy to produce Belt Drive TT, the design lends itself to being dual motor drive option, where a Standalone Pod Motor is utilised.

As discussed on here on quite a few occasions there is seeming a risk of convection when Standalone Pods are used with a TT, so in about a 1000 years a Speed Stability issue might be a concern to a museum housing the archaic device.

Where the Holbo generates the real interest for myself, is the idea to Modify its method to drive the platter, make use of Phenolic Resin Impregnated Densified Wood to produce a Structure that is very attractive to myself and introduce the Signal Path to PC Triple C Wire.

The above mod's used in conjunction with the not so common Bearing Design, might easily produce a TT, that will fend of the $50k+ Belt Drives.

My Hiatus from the Analogue section is beginning to feel a little  Whack-A-Mole 🔨

If nothing else, I just find the Holbo as a stock item, to be an extremely good table, and would certainly suggest trying to hear one. What mods may bring to further improve(?) upon the stock unit, I have no idea. 

There are quite a few reviews on the Holbo, they are just another persons take on it, just as my comments are! Analog can certainly be an interesting thing. Have fun on the quest!