DSD coming to Qobuz streaming?

It looks like DSD files will soon stream on Qobuz - this may take some of the wind out of the sails of HDTracks and MQA. Some DSD recordings are already available for download, such as this classic from Boston.

I checked with Qobuz directly and was told there will be "an official announcement soon."

Ag insider logo xs@2xcleeds

@wsrrsw 

Nope, my reference was pointing to a upsampling range that is most "popular", either 128 to 512 upsampling rates (higher is possible, but again getting into the weeds on this).  Much of this depends on the HQP modulators used which is very dependent on your dedicated hardware (e.g.processor) that is running only HQP (the embedded image is best IMHO).

@chilli42 

DSD sounds different to me.  Fuller Richer Smoother, I generally prefer it the Hi-Rez PCM.  I also have a tube pre-amp and DAC so maybe that's why.

PS Audio has a small but interesting downloadable library of DSD albums on their Octave Records label. All these titles were mastered in DSD so you get the full benefit of what DSD has to offer. If you choose to pay and download, be sure the DSD file is one that your DAC can process … for example the max my DAC can handle is 256 DSD files.