Eversolo A6/A8

Hi there and greetings!   Pleasure meeting you virtually.

i saw a post of yours saying that you have owned various Eversolo models and that they work properly and you're pleased with them.  congrats to you!

i use an Anthem AVR with my GoldenEars speakers and currently, i'm using a Bluesound Node X as my streamer with Tidal as my source.   i recently tried out Apple Music by buying an Apple TV 4K Ethernet model in order to listen to Atmos versions of recordings for fun, and also tried out their Apple Music Classical as i listen to 80% classical, 20% pop/rock.  i understand that apple bought Primephonic and simply renamed it Apple Music Classical.

i was totally wow'd by apple music classical's search functions, brief write ups on music pieces, and array of performances on any particular piece of music i selected.  loved the selection and how tailored it is to the classical music lover.  as such, i would like to stream apple music & apple music classical at the highest resolution possible with the greatest ease of use.  fyi:  i do NOT own anything Apple in my home with the singular exception of the Apple TV 4K Ethernet box.

i am interested in buying either the A6 or A8, most likely the A8, as it is the ONLY streamer that can stream apple music at high resolution.  i am wondering if it is easy to use, or does it require a lot of tweaking to get it to work properly please?  also, what if apple or android plug up their software holes and essentially disallow Eversolo units from streaming from Apple Music?  Apple is a walled garden with ONLY Sonos as a licensed brand besides Apple products.  do you see this as a risk of essentially "brickíng" Eversolos from ever streaming from Apple again once they decide to disallow an UNlicensed company, i.e. Eversolo, from streaming from it even though currently, Eversolo has discovered a workaround or a "hole"in their software?

thank you in advance.  hope to hear from you!  very much appreciated.

dualmonitors

This product could be so good if they were a more mature company but digital sources need stable, vetted firmware to work well.  They are just not at that level.

So frustrating to lose an audio output format like USB that is now ubiquitous...

Imagine if he had a DAC that only had a a USB input or even worse, a huge library of DSD material on it that can only be played via USB ?     That's why it's unacceptable 

I was pretty vocal about Zidoos lack of support on their forum , even mentioning that I asked them for warranty support 5 days before it expired and no further contact .   A solid company would have PM'd me or replied but no one from Zidoo reached out, on their own forum. What does that say?

Totally agree that the OS is number one in evaluating a streamer. That's why I have bluos (Node 130) on a secondary system and sense (Innuos ZENith mk3) in my primary. I use both Qobuz and Tidal. Qobuz has the better classical collection and I sincerely doubt there is anything out there sounding better, including Apple music, even so I never heard it.

I too am a classical music listener.  I also listen to other genres,  but would estimate that 75% of my listening is classical.  A streamers OS,  and which services it supports,  are critical.  That's why I am still using a Node2i,  moded with a TeddyPardo LPS.  It's the only streamer that I have found that supports the two services that I listen to, Amazon HD and Idagio.  Idagio is a streaming service featuring classical music only. The major limitation is that the search function for Idagio within the BluOS is pretty funky.  The workaround is to go to the Idagio app, search for what you are looking for,  then add it to "my music ". Then it will show up in the BluOS app. The other limitation is that all of their music is streamed at 16/44, so no Ultra HD.  However it is all FLAC files,  so lossless and the quality is really good. They are really great at showcasing new recordings,  both through their "Discover" tab and by email. Knowing Apple,  and how proprietary they are,  my guess is that they are going to discover that gap and plug it pretty quickly,  and the Eversolo will no longer be able to access Apple Classical.