Comparison of various subwoofers for 2 channel audio

I have a 2 channel audio system, and I appreciate how subwoofers have augmented the sound quality of my system (with electrostatic speakers).  I currently am using a pair of Martin Logan Balanced Force 212 subwoofers, but I’m thinking about adding more subwoofers for a total of four in order to help balance the low frequency sound waves.  I’m considering adding a pair of Rythmik, SVS, or perhaps Velodyne subwoofers to the system.  Does anyone have experience with many of those brands, and how well they integrate with electrostatic speakers in a 2 channel system, or perhaps should I just get a second pair custom built with certain specifications?  
Thanks.

drbond

As an active learner…anything to say about crossover points?  I experiment here, and have a hard time settling on settings…seems to be volume related.

Totem Forest Signature, powered by Accuphase E-380, and an REL Classic 98 sub.  Small wood paneled cabin room.

@mofojo 

Since my first pair is balanced force 12” subs, I was leaning towards the Rythmik G22, which is also a 12” balanced force sub.  I’ve heard many say that they mix and match subs without any untoward effect.  I’m almost more curious to pair with a different brand to either validate or determine if my experience is different.

@gemoody 

The crossover would be quite dependent on your own speakers.  I have full range electrostats, and currently prefer the LPF set at 55 Hz, although I’ve tried everything from 25 to 55.  I do keep the volume rather low, set at 35% of max volume, but I suppose that’s highly dependent on size of the sub, how many subs, and size of room, amongst many other variables.

I’m using a pair of Rythmik subs, F12SE-XLR3 and A370XLR3 amp with Magnepan 3.7i. I use an analog crossover at 60Hz. I started with one and it made a huge difference. A second sub was even better. They give the music a texture and a weight that was simply missing before. 

I have two rythmik F12. One is by the right speaker, the other in the middle of the left sidewall. The time delay of the F12 allows for such placement.

I have two REL SHO subwoofers.  I located them in the left and right corners behind the front speakers.  I decided to go with REL’s because of the high level connection.  The hook up to the left and right speaker channels and play the woofers to extend the bass smoothly.  I am playing them at 40% volume.  I  do not like the sound of boomy bass.  They sound natural and just fill in the bass.