Solid State Power Amps

I’m currently using 2 PrimaLuna EVO 400 power amps. I want to try my EVO 400 preamp with solid state power amps. I am considering the BHK 300, MC830, Accuphase 250 or 300 and the Pass X260.8. My budget is around 25k. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. If there is something else please recommend it. 

128x128sgordoxyz

Bricasti Design.  They are the most accurately musical amps I have ever heard, and I have listened to others at 10x the price. 

Do not let the power specs fool you as they are extremely underrated.  (After a discussion with owner Mr. Zolner he mentioned that at full published power output, the amps are only outputting 25% of their possible output which explains their extremely low distortion figures.)  I have never heard (with the exception of Boulder) a more effortless presentation.  They would make any hard to drive speaker sing!

Here’s my $0.02…

I would listen to Audio Research (like the 160S) and Moon by Simaudio 861 in addition to your list. 

I’ve own McIntosh and loved it and when it was time to upgrade was impressed with Audio Research for its transparency and drive and went with Moon because I preferred the sound to McIntosh and SS to tube. Enjoy the process!

@sgordoxyz 

I did not mean to insult, I just wanted to say that with the 300’s, you a SS amp who’s sound you can tweek by rolling the input.

I have these speakers and have used McIntosh MC611, Naim NAP 300, and Chord Ultima 6. The Ultima 6 was far superior. McIntosh too bloated in the bass, Naim was good, but the Chord was mind blowing. 

I rarely see folks in the US mention YBA gear, but years ago I sold it an audio shop and always felt very confident recommending it, especially with Focal speakers. We sold quite a few setups with that combination. It has a lively, sweet tube-like sound.