Power Cables

Any recommendations for power cables under $500 for 

Streamers or DACs?

Please tell me your reasons for any you recommend. 
Thanks.

jfrmusic

Anything from Audio Sensibility new or used in your budget.  Neotech makes nice cable (if you can find it).  I can not recommend Pangea or Blue Dragon PCs from Moon Audio unless you prefer your highs to be rolled off.  I wasted money on those, was told to break them longer and lost track of the return window.  My fault, I should have insisted an immediate return...  So I relegated them to LPS units.

@jfrmusic I realized I didn’t exactly answer your question…

so…having the Nordost Heimdall 2 on dac with “cheap” cord on streamer is a bigger improvement than cheap on dac and nordost on streamer. 

@audphile1 

Thanks. From other sources I’ve gotten the same information. The DAC is more important than the streamer concerning power issues. 

Yes but as I mentioned the degree of improvement is similar. If I remember correctly you have Aurender N20 paired with MSB Discrete DAC. I would go up to Frey 2 or even Tyr 2 on a used market for the power cords. Heimdall 2 is very nice but Frey 2 is an audible step up. I have Frey 2 on pass mono amps. Nordost should be a nice match in your system with harbeth speakers.

Audio advisor , Pangea sig MK-2 awg 14  are very good for under $250 

using copper connectors far better then bright brass and 3x more conductivity

and use Cardas grade 1 Copper wire. Give him 150 hours to runin a very good value.