What was the most expensive record that you ever bought ?

Not how much you paid, though we could post this too.

My most expensive record is Japanese pro first pressing of Bitches Brew by Miles Davis. It sounds better than any other pressing, though I don't have US test pressing, which might sound better still. I paid, I think, $170 for it including shipping from Japan.

inna

And they say that equipment is expensive, $26k for a reissue set.

Led Zepplin recordings are very good, and Led Zepplin fans are hard core. LZ being likely among the top 3 or 4 all time rock groups. #1 for many. epic even. considering all that.....how many complete studio catalogues have been given that level of treatment mastered by Ernie Grundman?

none. this set pegs all the meters.

so these are unicorns of Rock fan vinyl choices.

those who have heard this set in my room understand it.

Paid $75 for a British release of Jimi Hendrix Electricladyland with the nudes on the cover.

I recorded myself and thought I sounded like million dollars.  On the other hand, my wife thought that the cat died!

I remember when many of the Classic Records archives were hawked on eBay, maybe ten years back, a test press 45 set of the Zeppelin BBC sessions went up. I forget how much it ended on - it wasn’t cheap but I was a little surprised it didn’t go higher. Silly listed prices on Discogs and similar can train people to think stuff is much more “stupid valuable” than it actually is.

But $750 for the whole catalogue is cool!! 😎