Ethernet cables

Long time audiophile here but, more of a rookie regarding streaming. My basic question is should I upgrade my ethernet cables and what price point would be reasonable for my application.

The streamer is in a secondary system and is used only for casual listening. The streamer is hardwired to the system. At this point I do not have a streamer in the main system.

Below is a list of the gear in system 2.

The streamer is a Node 2i with the power supply upgrade from LHY (a DIY kit) sourced from Beatechnik out of Singapore. Not using the internal DAC but, feeding the digital signal to an outboard DAC.

DAC - Luxman DA-06

Preamp -  Simaudio P5.3

Amp - McCormack DNA-500 (yes, way overkill power wise for the system but, I love the very relaxed sound of this amp)

Speakers - Dynaudio Contour 30i

Cables - Primarily Transparent Ultra mm2 generation.

Internet is from my cable provider via coax cable.

There are three short cat 6 ethernet cables (5'). One going from the modem to the router, one from the router to the wall connection for a 100 foot cat 7 run in the attic and one at the system end wall connection to the Node. The short cables are Amazon Basics cat 6. The 100 foot cat 7 was sourced from Amazon with one of those never heard of names - Snanshi which, seems to be fairly decent but, I wouldn't really know.

So, do I upgrade the Amazon Basics cables and if so, what would be a reasonable choice?

Ag insider logo xs@2xmwh777

@jmeyers +1

Just to chime in on the effect of ethernet cables. I switched out the cable from our SoTm network switch to the TV, temporarily replacing it with a Snake River Audio ethernet cable. My partner who normally does not notice cable differences could not believe the improvement in picture quality. I was instructed to immediately replace our other ethernet cables with the SR ones. 

Main message: cables matter! 

@atanarjuat99 I am now seriously considering an SoTM switch as a replacement for my current unmanaged Luxul switch. Are you satisfied with your SoTM switch? Were others under consideration?

These signals are encoded using a technique called pulse amplitude modulation (PAM), where different voltage levels represent different bits of data. The electrical signals travel through the copper wires, and the receiving device decodes them to retrieve the original data.

True ethernet uses PAM where data information is encoded in the amplitudes of signal pulses (modulation) mapped in one of 4 voltage levels -2 -1 1 2 v. Good copy/paste work though.

essentially it is an analog signal

Fundamentally different. Analog signals being continuous/digital signals.being discrete the closer it gets to absolute continuity the better the s.q. but achieving "limit to infinity" not possible although free from signal noise. Watch the following vid and keep up the good work.

Post removed 
Post removed