Seeking Warm Towers - under $1500.

OK,
Yes I am a newbie.

Lokking for advice as to what speakers to seek out listen and eventually buy...

Background:
Pairing with Adcom GFA-545II and the GTP-500II. for a two channel setup.

Am going FLAC and will buy, in all likelyhood, a PS Digital Link DAC and squeezebox or comparable.

Now comes the speakers. The benchmark speaker for me are the Totem Forest's(4k). There are not many shops near me to test listen. but I have tried Monitor's, Paradigm's, Genelec, and The Forest's were it by a country mile.

music consists of primarily vocal & blues.

I am all ears as to suggestions.

Thank you
tballman
I am auditioning a pair of Salk Songtowers and I would not categorize them as warm. I am running them on a SS system using a Rega Jupiter cdp as source. The mid range is very detailed and the upper frequencies will give you almost studio monitor type of clarity and crispness. So, if you want warmth these may not be the speaker for you. However, if your going to feed them with tubes then they may get warmer.
Confused about Vandersteen. (2-3 series price range) Everyone seems to agree they are warm. There seems to be little agreement on bass.

Some say there's all you need, others say the strengths lie elsewhere. The fact that some people add a sub tells me it's most likely the latter...
Some people are bass heads, and would add a sub to anything. Not to say teh Vandy's can't benefit from a sub, but don't go by the fact that some people stick one on.
I wouldn't call the Quad 21L or 22L "warm". I am surprised no one has mentioned the Revel F12, dual 8" woofers for some real bass! They sound great for the money. I have owned the Vandy 2ce sigs, they have decent bass and throw a good soundstage. Unfortunately, the mids were not as refined as other speakers in it's class. I believe the Sig II are better in that regard but the price is higher.