Borresen X1 & X2

I recently demoed these speakers and thought they were great, but I heard strange imaging on the X1. The soundstage was absolutely huge, but the vocals were on the ceiling above my head on the demo tracks the dealer played. On some other tracks, it wasn't as pronounced, but they were still very high, maybe 10ft above the speakers. The room we were in was large and had very high ceilings. 

Then we switched to the X2, and they didn't do that. The image was still huge, but down to a normal height maybe 6ft off the floor. 

At first I assumed it was something to do with the room acoustics, but it was different with the different models. 

Anyone hear these speakers and notice what I did? 

traudio

Could be, could also be they had tweaked the player via DSP and ended up with some weird EQ curve. Whenever a store won’t let me play a CD directly I always suspect this, or it could be odd room reflections / interactions.

Uh, no. They were using the Axxiss Forte 1 amp and you can't do DSP on it. 

It's very possible he had +and - swapped. Would be the first time I heard that at a dealer.

Don't forget that with bi-wiring it's super easy to accidentally swap 1 of the 4 wires.