Tube preamp recommendation for a simaudio 760a amplifier

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a new tube preamp for my 760a amplifier. My Don Sachs tube pre sends it into dc protection mode. According to Don and my tech, this amp is too sensitive for this preamp which is capacitor coupled.It just leaks too much DC at the outputs.  I love the sound but it's just not jiving. I'd probably need a transformer coupled preamp. I like a warm detailed sound. 

Thanks in advance!

mickeyb

I have a pair of SiMAudio W7Rm monoblocks.  I love the Rogue RP-7.  Plan on some tube rolling. 

The LTA preamps use ZOTL technology to couple without transformers. Very highly reviewed and moderately priced. 

Look into Octave preamps. They have transformer driven outputs so no chance of passing DC to the amp. My amp doesn’t have coupling caps so any DC on its inputs, my speakers are toast. I use Octave 300HP SE in my setup and it sounds great. 

I would look for as contemporary Conrad Johnson, Audio Research, VAC, or Presto.

These are mainstream audiophile preamplifiers built by companies with decades of experience with a commitment to natural musical sound reproduction. They are built like tanks and will serve folks for decades.

I agree a tube preamp will work well for you… but in all but the most dedicated detail scraping systems it will.

Thank you so much gentleman. All these preamps suggested have been on my shortlist. I appreciate your expertise and opinions. 
cheers