The best no-compromise digital options?

If we take a look at the three digital playback formats most common today (CD, SACD and DVD-A/V), what would you consider the 3 top of the line options for each format.

My thoughts would be:

CD
Zanden Model 2000P/5000S
Burmester 069
Soulution Audio 740

SACD
dCS Scarlatti
Esoteric P-01VU/G-0Rb/D-01VU
The upcoming Wadia 971/932/922

DVD-A/V
Goldmund Eidos Reference
MBL 1622A/1611F
APL Hi-Fi NWO-3.0 GO SE
rhagen
I am in complete agreement with Tvad and Timbrepitch. I own the Zanden and the dCS but find that I almost exclusively listen to my computer based system (Toshiba, Spoiler, Pacecar), simply because that comes still closer than the Zanden Combo (the dCS Stack is indeed "analytical") to what I perceive as the "real thing".
Perhaps this is a philosophical question. It depends on how one approaches the concept of digital.

For me, one should start with the most accurate and faithful reproduction of the data. If you wish to modulate the overall sound, this should be done via the preamp, cables, and amp. If you do not have accurate reproduction at the beginning of the chain, there is nothing you could do to fix this further down the chain.

Wadia, DCS, and Esoteric are arguably the most over-engineered approaches to digital. That is, they have sought the optimal solution when it comes to power supply, transport stability and accuracy, processing ability, and data transfer methods. A single Wadia mono DAC weighs 40 lbs, has 2 transformers, 6 filtered power supplies, and 8 processing chips. One only needs to look at a picture of the Esoteric P01 transport to understand a glimpse of the R&D that went into it. These manufacturers are dedicated to digital, including overcoming significant obstacles from an engineering perspective. These machines also all need time, care, and system matching to set-up properly.
Interesting thread. I have a dcs Puccini coming in next week for audition, be anxious to hear what it brings to the table. I also plan on running my modified Squeezebox Duet through the digital in.
Someone referred to the Modwright Transporter. I have had this in my system almost a year and with upgraded tubes. It has played side by side with Burmester 069 and Accuphase DP-700. The Modwright could not at all compete with these two players. When that is said I consider it to be a bargain at it's price point.
A comment on SACD players. Myself I prefer Accuphase gear over Esoteric and would have added the 800/801 combo to that list.