No frills CD player for tube amp

Any suggestions on a great sounding "no frills" cd player to match up with my Rogue Audio Tempest II Magnum. Tube or ss considered.Looking for a more "laid back" (for lack of a better term) sound. I have an NAD cd player now and it is way too bright on the top end.Speakers are Paradigm Monitor 7v.4. Budget is $1200.00 max. for a new or "fairly new" used unit. There is absolutely no place in my area that carries 2-channel equipment, so no place to demo. Help !!!!! Thanks
128x128tpreaves
Congrats.
I also have a Tyler 7U. Did you buy it at $1400? It is a real bargain. I bought it used at over $2000 2 years ago, and I still very much like it.
I also have Rogue Magnum 99 preamp. 7U really works well, but my NAD C541i is bit too bright and lacks detail. Currently on the pursuit of upgrading the CD player.
Tpreaves.......Congratulations on your new speakers, and I really hope that they sound absolutely wonderful with your system. I personally think that the Rogue Audio line is terrific, and the Cronus matches amazingly well with my Vandersteen 1C's, Rotel deck, and Rega table. Everything fits perfectly within my system, and I have no doubt that your new Tyler/Rogue/NAD combination will be a delight for your ears and your soul. Please keep us all advised about how it all works together. Happy Listening !!
Picked up the Tylers this morning. WOW !!! I can't believe how good these speakers sound. I only moved them once(slight toe-in) after initial set-up. The midrange is to die for !! Highs have no glare at all. Bass is very musical,real natural sounding(kick drum sounds like a kick drum), it doesn't go super deep but what's there is very clear. The soundstage opened up immensely ,wider and deeper. I'm hearing things I've never heard before on some recordings. All of this is after only 4 hours of listening !! When I spend some more time with them, I'll post again. Thanks to all who have posted.
Post removed 
Well,I've had a full week with the Tylers and my first response to them carries on. These things sing!! I really lucked out buying these without ever hearing a Tyler product. I bought them on the merits I've read from other owners and the numerous reviews I have read online. I did not read a single bad thing about them and now I know why.Ty Lashbrook makes a helluva product.I am using a pair of DH Labs Q-10 cables. I have just purchased a Cary CDP-1 cdplayer on e-bay and will post again when I spend some time with it.