Comparing Aurender N20 vs eversolo dmp A8

I replaced eversolo dmp A8 with aurender N20 for digital streaming over qobuz. I compared them playing through native apps. Both feed into Holo may nos Dac over a USB curious cable. Ethernet cable connected over etherregen. Stock power cables feeding from a dedicated 20 amp circuit. Signal going through Luxman amp, 805D4. Luxman is doing pre-amp volume control. Both streamers are broken in.

Result - I am shocked to see that 1/6th price, eversolo is actually sounding better overall. N20 takes control with vocals, however the body of music/instruments is leaner. Not sure why I am seeing this disconnect between powerful vocals and lean acoustics. 

I got n20 used, and hence my assumption on it being broken in. Not sure if I am missing something here.. need help from fellow audiogoners..

saurabhgarg

Years ago I bought the Auralic Aries over the Aurender and Lumin streamers. The sound and the gui were much better with the Auralic. Plus Aurender units don’t have the i2s interface.

You are comparing apples to apples using the USB cable, which will use the clock inside the DAC for both applications.  To hear what the N20 is capable of you need to connect the DAC to the N20 via AES or SPDIF.  The N20 has superior clocks.  If just using USB you could get an N200 with similar results.

For starters Never use Anything with stock power cords, it totally degrades the potential of your electronics .if on a budget  buy the Pangea  AC power cord the awg14  sig MK -2 for just over $200 a Big upgrade give it 100 hours playing time .

These are keys ,brass connectors NG, these are gold over Copper sounds better ,and 3x better conductivity, also this uses Cardas top 6-9s pure Copper , a true bargain. That being said a good $1k cable Thst much better still.

the Eversolo 8: use the Slow roll off filter ,it’s by far the best filter.my wife owns one I set up the SS drive and Flac files. The directions horrible but I figured it out .for under $2k parts quality is a whos who of brand name parts , smps for digital and a LPS power supply for the critical analog output stage .AKM latest dac and receiver chipset, dual high precision clocks and a bunch of technologies at $2k a no brainer 

upgrade the power cord For Sure no stock power cords allowed in Audiophile Land.

Post removed 

The Curious Ethernet cable not exactly musical the AQ Vodka is a very good under $500 cable  Go to Perrotta Audio consultants Anthony gives good deals 

please advise on digital connectors too count. Telegartner make the best Ethernet connectors ,and the AQ  Vodka has this , my wife has these in her system 

and don’t forget like most , in this day and age you should hav3 a modem router combo with a horrible $5/wall wart which destroys your streaming sound .

on Audiogon. Linear Tube Audio $700 LPS power supply width a excellent DC cable going to the router mine is 12v , the build quality is better then anything out there up to over $1k ,and most other companies charge $150 just for the Dc cable upgrade, and again buy at minimum a Pangea awg 14  sig mk2 power cord for it .

a decent line conditioner is a for sure also. If streaming the wall wart is Enemy #1 !!