To ROON or not to ROON?

I use Roon fed by Qobuz. Roon stalls and locks up of I do a lot of music surfing. I have to Control -> Alt -> Delete and stop the Roon Server then reboot.  Surely there has to be a better product out there!  Any advice? 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xyesiam_a_pirate

One word:  ROCK

I used a NUC with ROCK installed until I get to a Grimm MU1 that has it's own version of ROCK installed on it's roon server.

What are you using?

Jerry

I suspect OP's problem isn't with Roon.  I use a Roon Nucleus and have never experienced the problem OP complains about, nor did I experience it when I ran Roon on my iMac.  I use Qobuz, Tidal, and files I ripped from CDs.

@yesiam_a_pirate What OS is your ROON core running on? Are you up to date on the latest version on both your Core and Client. 

Normally you do not need to reboot after an upgrade. I had to once a few years ago.

I setup ROON and Qobuz at a friend's place yesterday and it worked perfectly. This setup was on a MAC. My home setup is on Windows.

BTW - for any ROON experts, can you run the ROON client on Ubuntu? Maybe using Docker if not native to Linux?