What the Best Dac have you heard or owned. How could you tell it was that good.

I wondered what’s the best sounding dac you have heard or owned. What did it do that the others didn’t. 

calvinj

Audio By Van Alstine Insight multibit dac from 2008.  Retail was around $900 then,  about $1250 as of 2024.  Bought it used for $300  a few years back.  Great sounding dac for the money! 

Hello, I'm new to digital. I've been listening to Lps & FM stations for the last 50 years. I recently purchased an Onkyo RZ-50 for my 5.1.2 system. The RZ-50 allows me to stream via bluetooth. I just joined TIDAL & use the phone app to control my music. I first connected the Onkyo to my analog system via RCA's 2nd zone, which was less than stellar, but tweaking a little here & there, I got it to sound pretty good. Then I decided to switch the connections to my OPPO 203 back to my tube preamp & the SQ of the OPPO took me closer to the real thing that as missing from the Onkyo. I can only imagine how a real DAC would sound with my setup. I can now listen to albums before I decide to purchase them.

I own a Bricasti M1 with MDX processor. I’ve heard many DACs and I thought many sounded good for digital. When I heard the M1, my impression was that it sounded good- no “for digital” qualifier 

Case closed