Update from Nordost Heimdall to Frey speaker cable

I am thinking of upgrading my speaker cables from Heimdall to Frey. I would like to hear from people who made the switch about if they found the upgrade worth it? What made the biggest difference etc etc? 
Thanks for your indulgence to my question. 

couger4u

I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet, but you can get loaners from cableco.com I have a full loom of Heimdall 2 but found a really good price on some used Frey 2 speaker cables so I snagged them. They sound great, I was replacing my last non Nordost cables (Synergistic Research speaker cables), so I don't have Heimdall to Frey comparison. I auditioned most of my cables using the cableco.com loaner program. Very helpjul.

mgrif104

"There are easily measurable differences in conductance, inductance and capacitance among cables."

Easily measurable? I do that in my lab but don’t find it easy at all. Those are the electrical characteristics of an audio cable along with impedance and propagation velocity VERY IMPORTANT. How do you measure your cables? Do you by any chance use a new audio precision analyzer?

roadcykler

"You’ll hear a difference because you expect to hear a difference but there really isn’t any difference (except an even more exorbitant price). "

I agree with you 100% thanks for the input.

@classicrockfan 

of course you’re right that because I don’t personally own the analyzer, the published results of companies like Shunyata and others are invalid. 

No, I don’t know how to do it, but it appears other companies do and it’s my understanding that electrical engineers understand these principles. And that they’re well understood.

I’m not sure what your purpose is in participating in audio forums that are for enthusiasts.  

He’s a troll. Just ignore him. People like that don’t own anything worthy of discussing here - all they do is envy and try and talk themselves out of even attempting to believe cables make a difference because they don’t or can’t purchase any of the items discussed here.

Like I said, best course of action is to just ignore them and they’ll eventually make a u-turn on the information superhighway and go back to take the ASR exit they missed to rejoin their minions.