Upgrade from Benchmark Dac?

The Benchmark USB DAC is the first piece of digital gear that I've bought and been happy with. I still prefer analog but listening to 50,000+ wav files randomly is pretty sweet.

I've had an Audio Research DAC 3 as well as a CD1 which I thought sounded like crap. I have ARC electronics and love them but their digital offerings left me cold. On the value for money scale the Benchmark gets my highest rating although my local hifi emporiums claim the PS Audio or Bryston is better.

Anything out there in the digital world that will blow me away like the Benchmark? I don't want to spend ten times the dough to get a debatable 10% more "sound".
ntscdan
Cerrot,
I concur as I have at least 3x the cost of the DAC 1 on it's power. What are you using?

Luc,
Do you know how the reflection audio mods compare to the parts connexion mods?

Bjpd57a1,

What power cord are you using?
No names on these PC's.Being the cable skeptic I'd like to hear some names.Biggest bang for lest buck given match with this unit?
Chazz
I have at least 3x the cost of the DAC 1 on it's power
Doesn't that strike you as a bit...ah...wacko?
" I have at least 3x the cost of the DAC 1 on it's power"

"Doesn't that strike you as a bit...ah...wacko?"

Overkill, maybe. Maybe not. I could see it if power was very dirty to start with and the PC device resolves it. Still, there might be a less expensive PC solution that does it. I don't know one way or the other.

But, it doesn't necessarily surprise me that the Benchmark requires clean power to work its resolving magic to the max.