who needs a cd player anymore

I have not used my 2 cd players in over a year and i don't miss them. I have a krell kid ipod player, msb ilink and wadia i170 all ipod based. The real advantage is not having to search though hundreds of cd and wasting time on finding songs. On one ipod touch 32 GB i have over 3,000 itunes plus songs on it. On my other ipod i have apple lossless music only. My point when you lose your cd player and go to a music server, ipod etc. you can enjoy so much more music and thats what its really about.
usarmyvet91
I DO!
I have over 700 cd`s, and
i`m still wanting at LEAST 150 MORE!
I have a list that I carry with me every time
I go to a CD store, which NOW in
Chicago/Northwest IN. we recently lost
the INFAMOUS Dicount Records.
A chain that I have shopped at since 1985! Gone in
summer 2008.
SO NOW, I have Best Buy(which does NOT carry
⅔ of the cd`s that i`m looking for.
And my local CD/record/tape store.
It`s hard to find
Sleeze Beezs or Roxy Blue at BB.
And I don`t feel like paying the
$50+ prices on flee bay.
Know what I mean?
So, IF my CD players WERE working, I would be
listening to them right now.
BUT, since I have played them so much,
they all skip like crazy now.
Someone on here said the Sony CD changers
need to have the Laser RAILS re-lubed, However
nobody here has showed me how to do it,
or what kind of lub the changers need.
Some people say that the WD-40 is NOT
good for this, but some say to use
White-Lithium grease.
So I DON`T KNOW!
Jvc...just one look at your system pic leads me to believe that you're the perfect candidate for a computer-based system. Dude that stack of cd changers is out of control!
With a music server or ipod based system, you can get sound that is just as good as your favorite cd transport or player when combined with a good dac. I don't think some people realize this. When i say music server or ipod based system to someone they think back ground music. More and more audio company's are comming out with these types of server based/ipod players and they are getting better and better. In a few years i believe cd players will be the minority. This new way to liten to music opens so much more different type of music to the listener.
Everything will be on a memory chip in a few years. Have you seen the micro SD cards now? YIKES! So small you'd better not sneeze or else they'll blow away! Movies and music will be on them. Then likely we'll be forced to kiss the cdp goodbye, unless they don't sound good enough. But that will improve with time as with anything else. I can just see it now, reviewing a certain chip's sonics. CD's will then become nostalgia item like albums.

I have a Sonos music system and while it's great for convenience and extensive media exposure, it's not as good as a primo cdp. Neither is the Buffalo NAS which contains all my CD's ripped to it and can be played over the Sonos. They're both good, but not as good as a higher end cdp, i.e. the Ayon CD-3 I just reviewed. To me the difference is still enough to merit having a cdp. People think that all the other technology is walking away from cdp's. Not so, the disc players are upping their ante quite well. From budget to high end players they're sounding a LOT better than even five years ago. The bonus is that they're being made more and more with "Digital Input" function which allows the other sources to use the DAC of the cdp! Now that's a win/win for me.