Aurender Conductor app reliability and user experience

I'm on the fence about buying an Aurender A200 streamer+DAC. I auditioned one using an identical system I have at home (Moon 340i and Dynaudio Contour 20i).  I really liked what I heard in the store, the DAC is transparent and does a great separation of vocals and instruments. I used the app on an iPad and looked/worked ok.

The app is so downvoted in the app store and have read a couple of complaints, that I'm doubting the quality of the software. I used Roon for two years, but I stopped using it because of the price. Right now I'm mostly using Tidal Connect and using a Blusound Node 2i as a streamer.

What has been your experience with the Conductor app? Can you use it on an iPhone? Is it kind of mandatory to use an iPad?

robertkpax

@hgeifman @oddiofyl 

I did send Aurender an email and they said the new beta app will allow for metadata to show up but still no skipping.

I don’t see the Aurender menu you are describing.

Contact Aurender and ask them how to get the beta version.   I believe they enabled remotely for me through the N200’s Ethernet     I also saw a link on their site to enrol for beta.  

This is a bump to try to get a new feature added to Conductor - Album Favorite. I had an N20 which I thought sounded very good. This year I upgraded to an N20 which sounds excellent, and will be my final server. I listen exclusively to local files. 

I found Conductor to be somewhat clunky compared to BluOS which I had used for years. BluOS has two features which should be standard on every player - favorite album (along with song) and access to Amazon Music. These two are lacking on Conductor, although support tells me they are on the future feature list. When you ID a song as a favorite, it also shows up on the fave album list - but not the whole album, just the song. I find it overly clicky to have to navigate from the album list to the song then to the album to play the entire album. Favorite album is obviously a standard feature, and should be very easy to replicate from the code for favorite song.

Aurender: bring you standard feature set up to industry standards!

@cmjones you can email Aurender asking for this, not a bad idea. I can suggest a workaround though…when you open an album in the Conductor app, hit the … at the top corner next to album name then scroll until you see “Create New Playlist with Selection”. Hit that and you can just name the playlist the name of the album and you’re done. 

Also, with a streamer like that listening exclusively to local files you are limiting yourself from discovering a world of new and familiar music in redbook and high resolution formats. For under $30 a month you can have both Qobuz and Tidal. You’ve locked yourself up in a dungeon my friend.