Recommendations for a CD player $1500 or less

I am looking for a CD player and have a budget of about $1500.00.

Does anyone have any comments about the Sony SCD-XA5400ES?
rwwood
Good point also from a few others about warranty on all these many newer branded CD players out there. What happens in a few years if you cannot get them fixed. In this case Sony and Lenbrook Ind, which is NAD, PSB Speakers and several others in Canada will I'm sure be around.
Look, for the price of the Sony vs the competition, even if it breaks, you could buy several units until you would spend the amount needed to purchase a unit that rivals it's performance:O) The Sony is special in the way it Ladders the DAC's and removes the processing from the audio chain via a seperate 1 bit LSI...Orchestral music is reproduced so naturaly that it is uncanny!
I am also wary of American Theatre in FL. I'd like to be reassured. Anyone else, apart from Dave b (no offence, mate), dealt with them?

They always have really low prices and I'd like to know more - how do they do that?

Regards,
The Jolida JD-100 with level 1 mods from Underwood Hifi is a fine player. Solid construction and great sound with the tweaked tube analog output stage.
FYI, I have purchased several Sony products over the years, including the SCD-1 for $2300 new, the XA777ES for $1500 new and the XA9000ES for $2000 from reputable local dealers. American Theatre was my first out of state purchase as my other avenues were not stocking it. The mark up is HUGE so those that wish to discount heavily can and still make some change:O)