Copper vs. Silver tonearm wire

The subject of tonearm wire was touched on in a related thread on tonearms. Long standing friend rauliruegas strongly advocates silver. I tried it and switched back to copper. I need to re-wire my HW-40 and because my hands are getting shakey with age, must now delegate the task so I want to get it right. VPI told me today that their upscale wire, Nordost, used to be silver, but they switched back to copper because too many people found the silver to be too bright. That was exactly what my impression was when I last tried silver. Thoughts?

billstevenson

Nordost use a lot of silver-plated copper wire which they may loosely call “silver”. I found Nordost silver-plated copper, and in fact all silver plated copper to be bright if not shrill, and I never touch the stuff. Pure silver or pure copper, either is far better IMO.

I am with @artemus_5 on silver. It can be different with different systems. I play it safe for the most part on the analog side and use copper. Cardas in my tone arm. DH Labs BL-1 feeding my Phonos. 

I like bright!

My VPI is hardwired at the junction box with DH Labs Pro Studio silver plated copper.

I use pure silver in other places and can't really tell the differences from the Pro Studio.

Copper though is for sure less bright and warmer.

The ultimate impression made to date from a Internal Wand Wire and one that eventually ended up as a Continuous Wire has been my experiencing PC Triple C.

If using RCA Phono Connectors, Low Eddy Connectors on Wires and Chassis is the Icing, Cherry on Candles the cake, the first impressions are that first mouth full of sweetness.   

An old wives tale that silver is brighter than copper! Believers should do some blind listening tests. Without such tests it is just anecdotal.