Why do some amplifiers throw a bigger soundstage than others?

Was watching a YouTube video comparing two Excellent class A amplifiers . the reviewer preferred, the one which threw a wider soundstage with the same set of speakers. Specified channel separation in db iis about the same in all quality amplifiers., so why does this happen?

rrm

Why do tube amps generally have larger sound stages? maybe its a harmonic effect some amp do them well some don't.  Is it distortion effects, even/odd order effects?

clarity maybe, but I've heard some older vintage tube gear throw a huge sound stage with out great detail and clarity levels. so really doesn't hold up in my experience. 

Even though the OP used a YouTube video as an example its still a valid question that many of us have experienced when trying new gear. 

Why do some amplifiers throw a bigger soundstage than others?

@rrm Two things: lack of phase shift and aural effects having to do with the 2nd and 3rd harmonics, the latter of which can make an amp seem more detailed and spacious.

I like tube amps, particularly low-powered ones, and they do seem to present a larger soundstage than many good solid state amps.  My personal suspicion is that they do so because of some kind of phase anomaly.  I don't care if it is a kind of distortion or defect, if that is the case, it sounds good to me.  I know that transformers don't behave perfectly, particularly when it comes to phase shifting, and the amps I particularly like have a LOT of iron in them--input transformers, interstage transformers, and output transformers. 

I have very little experience of tube amps, but I do remember a wide soundstage.

However, the review I watched compared two solid state amps, both class A.

still don’t understand why one would would throw a wider soundstage than the other.