JL Audio Fathom

I've been very tempted to upgrade my 2x 12in Martin Logan 1100x subs to 2x JL Audio Fathom v2 subs. for reference the 1100x retail ~1300$ and the JL Audio 5k. I am very happy with the Martin Logans which are very nicely integrated with my Sabrina X speakers. Do you think it would be worth upgrading to the Fathoms? 

No REL for me because I don't want made in China FYI. 

upstateaudiophile

When someone says they want to buy the premium line and someone complains about the cheaper version; I’m not sure I see the value add.

I’ve had a F112 V1 since 2013 no issues, best subwoofer I’ve ever owned, once Rockwool R30 is available again and I can finish my new movie room the plan is to pickup two F113 V2 … no regrets …

I have a pair of F112 v2 running in my system.  They are very well integrated and I've had no operational issues.  I'm very pleased with them.

In general, it's difficult to get really good sub integration.  Since you are happy with the integration in your system I wouldn't change a thing.  

Not worth it. Money is better spent on another part of your system like your phono or digital. Even better, room treatments. Way better to control your bass with room treatments. 

I wanted to come back to this after some thoughts.  One of the very important reasons JL subs sound so good is the quality of the built-in room correction.  I really like the choices it makes, but at the same time you can do the same with a microphone, Room EQ Wizard and miniDSP for a lot less.

If the OP is genuinely interested in going to the next level with his setup, I'd encourage him to go that route, which is going to be a lot less expensive but also more challenging.  The good news is he can't really break anything that way.

As I mentioned before though, bass traps when needed can really help, but that would come from measurements.