Looking for integrated solid state amp for daily usage

I love the sound of my tube amps, but I need an amp powered on all day every day (like 16 hours per day) for my nearfield desktop setup with JBL 4309 speakers (using directstream mk1 dac).

I have tried a Schiit Aegir and a Schiit Ragnarok, but didn’t like either compared to my cheap tube amp and expensive tube amp. They just seemed boring and dead to me.

So I’m looking for suggestions on a beautiful sounding solid state integrated amp that sounds big and engaging as much like a tube amp as possible, if one even exists. I don’t want a tube preamp with a solid state amp.

I listen to a lot of music types from classical to jazz to classic rock.

I’d like to keep the price under $3k if possible, used is great. I’ve heard Accuphase and Luxman are really good, but price seems to be more than $5k for those.

retroactiv

Mcintosh MHA100 vs Primaluna Evo400

Years ago I downsized to the MHA100 which I purchased NOS in your price range. I've had "better" amps, including class A and tube, but this is my favorite. It gives so much and asks for so little. Sounds great, uses very little power, relatively small, internal dac is pretty darn good (the newer MHA150 has updated dac). It's a fun and enjoyable everyday all day amp. I'd think it would be a great match with those JBLs. 

As a reviewer once said "oh yeah, and it's a great headphone amp too". So while these are technically headphone amps, the 50 wpc speaker amp is all I've ever used. 

Best of luck with your search!

There are several options in your price range.  You could go new with an NAD or previously owned with some of the Naim offerings.  I have own them both and recommend them for different reasons: NAD offers versatility/more flexibility with a variety of different ways to connect components.  Naim has better amplification and cleaner power and sound but not quite as flexible. Value for the money NAD, higher quality unit is the Naim. 

good luck and let us know how you make out. 

Yamaha a-s2200 can be found new for around 3K. It’s a great amplifier that will last for decades.

Post removed 

retroactiv

Check out an AYRE integrated amp. Keep me posted on your purchase decision.

Happy Listening!