Records and CDs

I’ve just spent a couple of weeks exclusively going through my extensive record collection playing hardly any digital media and have come to some conclusions.
Records are fun and enjoyable to work with, but ultimately for a music lover they’re a dead end. Since very few new titles are being released on records these days I find myself going through mainly old familiar performances. Then there’s the age old problem of comparing the SQ of both media which is maddening. I just today went back to streaming (and CDs.). I clearly see, for me this is the way to continue my listening habits. Records can be used as a diversion but not the main event.

128x128rvpiano

If I didn't have vinyl (and a slow reading thermometer) I wouldn't have anything to do.

DeKay

I reached that conclusion a long time ago.  I reserve analog for recordings that are now digitally or were poorly transferred to digital 

The sonic consistency of digital is a pleasure.  When you listen to a digital source you don’t have to hold your breath wondering if it’s listenable or horrid.

Post removed 

You would be surprised that if you are into current pop music, LPs are being released for a great many albums and sales are off the charts. 

I'm going to use this excuse to rant, I don't understand this at all. Vinyl is not a particularly good way to store music, as we all know it is subject to warping, scratching, and the inevitable clicks and pops. Couple that with what some believe to be an inferior form of music reproduction (digital) and you could conceivably have the worst of both worlds.

I know that in theory, music that is being mastered onto LPs these days is supposed to be high resolution (as in higher than redbook CD) but I wonder.

To me, the irony is that digital has never sounded better than it does today.