VPI Prime Sig/Lyra Delos / Feedback ...help!

Hello all, strange one here...just picked up a VPI Prime Signature Rosewood and a Lyra Delos with about 20-40 hours on it...sounded great at low volume with my sacred Steely Dan - Aja Cisco pressing . Later that night at higher volumes I'm getting a midrange-low feedback . 

Here's my rig : 

VPI Prime Sig with Unipvot / Lyra Delos 0.6m output voltage / 1.75 tracking force

Allnic 1202 Phono Pre (variable DB boost  +22, +24 , +28, +32) 

Manley Snappers / Jumbo Shrimp Pre 

Harbeth 40.3XD 

So I A/B'd w the old turntable VPI Prime Scout / Unipivot / Hana ML 0.4 Output and all was fine 🤔 I then swapped arms moving the Hana to the Prime Sig , no feedback ....🤔

I've tried adjusting the Allnic (all 4 levels mentioned above) and get feedback with the Lyra on every setting...

The hifi business I purchased from said they had tested thoroughly and had 0 problem with it ...so I'm perplexed , this doesn't seem to be any vibration feedback , is the Lyra just not jiving with my Phonostage for some reason? 

Any help appreciated ...

128x128tommypenngotti

@larryi 

yeah I get it, I’m gonna try moving around the table today,…

funny how VPI and also Lyra recommend this cartridge with the table and the arm I have 🤔

"funny how VPI and also Lyra recommend this cartridge with the table and the arm I have"

File this under "on paper it's  not supposed to work, but it might" category.

I've heard more than a few Lyra on VPI's, and they all seemed to sound good.

Tried  a Delos on my Classic and it was great. Sits on cheap stand supported by 100 year old wood floor.

The ol' YMMV strikes again.

"guess it wouldn't hurt to pick up the Fatboy Gimbal & A/B.."

I thought  the gimbal was standard  on Prime Signature? Guess not.

My Lyra experiences were with the low tech uni pivot. 

Good luck finding what the culprit is.

@tommypenngotti, If you have sound in both channels nothing is shorting. Lyra absolutely does not like that arm. They specifically specify "a pivoted arm with rigid bearings or linear tracking arm." That does not include a unipivot for very good reason. They are unstable. You are having more trouble with the Lyra which is a more compliant and more sensitive device than the Hana. It is a great choice just not for that arm and I do not know everybody else's motives, but I do not have one. There are certain aspects to tonearm design that can not be violated. There are plenty of people in the audio business that are not rocket scientists and many have motives that are probably not in sync with yours. 

Yes! the Fatboy Gimbal is way better. Go for it!