Please be gentle with me! 🙏

I am a vinyl diehard and know very little of the streaming world.

My son has just bought his 1st amp and speakers a Leak 230 integrated and some JBL 4312G speakers and is currently streaming his music using an Android phone via the USB C on his phone into the USB B input on the amp, using the built in DAC on the amp. So the question is would something like a Bluesound Node N130 as a straight streamer be an audible improvement to his phone?

128x128alan60

To answer your question, I feel going with something like a Bluesound Node N130 would offer better sound quality.  On the other hand, if he is Satisfied with his equipment situation and sound coming out of the speakers, I say all is good. Cross that SQ bridge when he gets to it.  It's his money and development into as my girlfriend calls me, "Stereo Lunatic".

Nobody knows what a streamer is or what it can do or can’t  do. What’s the difference between a server and a streamer? Isn’t a streamer a computer running some OS? Or do you call a computer running an OS a server? 

Can a streamer read ripped songs off a local disk? If so, that’s not a streamer is it?

Can a server running Roon access Qobuz/Tidal? Isn’t that a streamers function. If you are going to talk digital get your story straight. Or do what Aurender is starting to do to muck up the waters, they are now calling their boxes streaming server which is basically a computer running an OS, running some software, that can both read local music files and access Qobuz or tidal. Big deal, I’ve been doing this for over a dozen years, it’s nothing new.

I believe the bluesound will be an improvement. I started out with a bluesound node And I think it is an excellent product for the money. decent, sound quality, very reliable and easy to use. The app is simple and user-friendly. 
Good choice for your situation

Actually the Eversolo A6 master series would be a  even better update for around $1200

Thanks for all your input.

Bit of an update, one of the reasons my son bought the Leak 230 was because of its flexibility, he also has a Naim Nait 2 which I bought for him years ago, so in a moment of wisdom as it turns out he decided to try the Naim instead of the Leak.

Low and behold his words to me were, whilst the Leak is better in terms of the hifi nicety's it wasn't as musical or enjoyable to listen to as the Naim, so the Leak is being returned and he has just won an eBay auction for a Bluesound Node N130 with upgraded power supply.