Turntable Cartridge upgrade question.

Hi guys

I currently run Ortofon 2M Black cartridge that is MM type. 

what would be step up to MC type cartridges in price range $1200 that would be way better than 2M Black ?

Thank you for input ahead!

128x128ssg308

@lewm VPI Classic Signature Turntable is in question so it is great product for the money, opinions are it would take 15k TT to notice significant improvement, not sure if it is true but that's what I read.

I have referred to the following on previous occasion to the Copy/Paste that follows of my most recent reference to an experience I had. 

I once demo’d at a public attended event, where approx’ 500 paying visitors were in attendance.

A very conspicuous visitor to my demonstration space came back for numerous visits, as did quite a few other visitors.

At the end of the day the conspicuous visitor came to my room with one other person, they made it known they are owners of a Company producing TT’s with a starting price of £50K and have customers with systems costing £000 000’s.

They wanted to tell me my system had them mesmerised and was a real credit to the show, especially in how I had shown that a system can be produced on a budget that impresses in a very similar way to one of their uber expensive clients system.

I’ll take that as Win 😎

As @lewm has said, there is misleading info, the reality is there is substantial value to be had from a TT coming in at under £10K, as both a used or new purchase. What really matters in my view, is the next step, which is, what one is willing to do with it, to take it to the optimised performance it can offer.

It is easy to get of the Bus at the 'enough is done stop', the reward of staying on the bus and pulling in at a few 'what can be done stops', well that is quite some ride, maybe one not wanted to be alighted.

@jimmyblues1959 there is tons of bass and mid and top just not as smooth as I would imagine, details getting blurry and when I'm verifying sound with my streamer I can tell there is some kind of distortions from time to time 

@zb672 I'm getting close to buy it, as many guys suggested it, just like you,  as a good choice for significant improvement