Turntable Cartridge upgrade question.

Hi guys

I currently run Ortofon 2M Black cartridge that is MM type. 

what would be step up to MC type cartridges in price range $1200 that would be way better than 2M Black ?

Thank you for input ahead!

128x128ssg308

Buy the Denon DH-103 and get the wood body made for it.  That way you will be done with this and allow you to focus on a phono stage.

We have a Gold Bug cartridge which is also made by Denon.  The 103 is so close for so much less.

Happy Listening.

@theflattire valid point phono stage as like DAC are key components. let me explore your suggestion.

"sub 10K are just entry level audiophile TT"

As an experienced audiophile, it is my opinion that this statement is potentially misleading to anyone who is new to the hobby.  (I sifted through many less neutral, more pejorative adjectives before settling on "misleading".)  This was in response to the previous statement that $7K is "cheap".  Actually, in the price range of $5K to $7K you can buy many superb turntables for which you would never have to apologize, and if you open your mind to buying a second hand turntable, the ceiling is much higher.  I agree with the notion that the phono stage in this system can easily be bettered, and I disagree that MC cartridges are categorically superior to MM types or MI types, which haven't yet been mentioned.  Like the Nagaoka MP500.

https://sorasound.com/products/zyx/zyx-sorasound-prices/

The ZYX R50 Bloom3 on here @$995 or if you stretch to the latest model the Bloom Exceed at $1400. Read the reviews.

Hi, 

it is important to understand that Rome was not built in one day.

The Mani2 is your weakest link. The Hana ML cart is excellent. You won’t regret it. But you will need a better phonostage to really enjoy it. Think you will need to spend at least double the cartridge.

But again, Rome wasn’t built in one day…

best