Equalizer in a Hi Fi system

Just curious to hear everyone’s opinions on using an equalizer in a high end hi fi system. Was at work tonight and killing time and came across a Schitt Loki max $1500 Equalizer with some very good reviews. What are some of the pros / Benefits and cons in using one. Just curious. BTW. I’m talking about a top of the line. Hi end equalizer. Mostly to calm some high frequencies and some bad recordings. 

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xtattooedtrackman

The cables are ready to go. Full unity gain without any box in between. You don’t want ANY other box in the circuit. If had done all that in the beginning. When I discovered the Mogami Gold and that I didn’t need a box, SQ took a huge leap forward. 
how exciting!!  Which piece? Price range? New or used?

Thanks tlcocks!The adapters were pin 1and 2 together for signal pin 3 for ground.I did look for Mogami but couldn't locate one.I settled for Monoprice. I'll search harder I guess knowing they exist, lol.I don't want to add a box.More connections are never a good thing. I've been looking at new and used and actually trying to learn more about them by reading on pro audio sites and familiarizing myself with what the various brands have to offer.The API SR24 stereo (less $) and Charter Oak don't look overly elaborate like some others.I don't need a zillion functions.

Anyways I will find a pair of Mogami Gold and see how that goes first.

API looks nice. Not stereo ganged. Every adjustment have to turn two dials the same amount. Look for stereo ganged unit. I know the SPL PQ is pricey, but it’ll do ganged so one turn for both channels. I’d spring for that if both of my CO died.