Furman Upgrade to Niagra

I remember ready an article some time ago by @erik_squires on 110v power and him recommending these as a good place to start, so I bought a couple of: https://furmanpower.com/product/15a-6-outlet-surge-suppressor-strip/

I recall him saying to use one bank for analogue and the other for digital. Well, I have no analogue gear, so I just use all the outlets as needed.

What would an Audioquest Niagra 3000 or even the Niagra 1200 do for my system over and above my simple power strips, would the large monetary investment be a substantial beneficial to my system over my pair of PST-6s? Thanks.

128x128navyachts

I like my Furman PST-8D units because they are relatively inexpensive and provide surge protection in addition to filtering.

BTW does anyone know why more expensive line conditioners do not provide surge protection?

@classic8 because that requires real surge engineering chops.  🤣

Not to mention a willingness to undergo UL testing.  Even when it comes to testing, in all my life I have seen exactly 1 article where surge protectors were actually tested with surges.  The rest of the Internet press/influencers and magazines evaluates surge protecdtors on features and specs alone.

Yes, my current setup is an Equi=Core600 plugged into one of the unfiltered plugs of the PST-8D. In addition, using a couple of Akiko products connected to both units.