Humminguru record cleaner

Almost all of my records are in NM condition, so I didn’t think I needed a record cleaner to replace my VPI 16.5. Also, my record surfaces are virtually silent.. But I was intrigued by the ultrasonic cleaners out there. So I bought one with the probability of a return. The results are amazing. This device cleans the records so well it’s like adding a new component to my system. And it’s only $500. With my already clean records I didn’t need the Degritter which is several times more expensive.

I recommend it highly.

128x128rvpiano

Steam distilled water is silly cheap at the grocery store. De ionized water should not be used for record cleaning, nor should tap water, minerals and salts will still be present. Always pre brush to keep your cleaning solution free of debris, a shaving brush from Amazon...clean micro fiber cloth. A surficant is good, but should be rinsed away with distilled water after cleaning. I use my old vacuum machine for pre-drying before rack air dry.  Clean archival liners. mo PVC!

I have two hobbies: I clean records and align turntables and tonearms and cartridges.

@czarivey 

" I use DeWalt drill to grab a spindle and spin those fast till dry."

I've got an older 18v Dewalt and have been looking for a good excuse to upgrade to the 20v.  

Thank you.

Vinyl for me is a secondary medium.  I only have about 20 albums and don’t anticipate obtaining many more.  I pay a guy who has a ultrasonic machine who charges $5/lp and also provides a new MoFi sleeve.  These recordings shouldn’t require a second cleaning.  Once should remove the deepest crud and normal lp care afterwards should suffice.

If I had several hundred albums I would investigate this product, but at present I don’t wish to accumulate another piece of machinery that will leave my heirs groaning with distress.

Yes, the before and after is very impressive.  I would estimate a 75% noise reduction