Humminguru record cleaner

Almost all of my records are in NM condition, so I didn’t think I needed a record cleaner to replace my VPI 16.5. Also, my record surfaces are virtually silent.. But I was intrigued by the ultrasonic cleaners out there. So I bought one with the probability of a return. The results are amazing. This device cleans the records so well it’s like adding a new component to my system. And it’s only $500. With my already clean records I didn’t need the Degritter which is several times more expensive.

I recommend it highly.

128x128rvpiano

Still using VPI, if that’s important.  Until someone proves to my satisfaction that repeated ultrasonic cleaning does not damage the high frequencies encoded on an LP, I will stick with a conventional RCM, like the VPI.

@dogberry Ahh. Thank you....So a final ultrasonic wash after your Loricraft. Interesting

Have you noticed noise after cleaning with the Loricraft? And that is eliminated after the Degritter? 

Cleaning 1 record must take about 20 minutes using both methods?

@mijostyn 

My records are not by any means “filthy” and, it’s not my imagination, the SQ is palpably better after cleaning with the Humminguru.

@lewm Wow. I never would have even thought that a possibility. 

Has there been any studies?