Octave Audio amplifiers

Any good? Who has them? How do they sound compared to, say, VAC, Allnic, Atma-Sphere, Japanese tube amps ? Look serious to me.
inna
I did have a V40se in my system for a short while. It worked very well with my C1's. What I did notice when moving up the line was a hair more control with each step up. Didn't really notice the output power to make much of a difference except for the control. I never owned the V80 but a friend had one. The V80se or the V110se would be my highest recommendations if within your budget. Followed by the V70se then the V40se. I can't recommend the black or super black box enough. The SBB makes a larger difference if your speakers have multiple drivers (more than 2 plus tweeter).

My last post I mentioned various output tubes (some especially the vintage ones can be very expensive). The little tubes also make a difference. Mullards are nice and warm. Rca's are very nice along with Telefunken. Lots to choose from. There is one drawback with swapping the little tube with the V40/70/110. That being the sockets are super tight and recessed in the chassis. I found removing the output tubes and the 6 or 8 allen screws holding down the cover plate should you decide on swapping them.

Last biasing is a breeze with the octave. I would however recommend ever so slightly under biasing them for longer output tube life. The protection circuit is second to none.
Xti16, of course I would expect better control with more powerful models. Important thing is that basically the sound remains the same throughout the line. With the speakers I have now, Michael Green Audio free resonance speakers, the point of control is especially important. I believe, they were, generally speaking, designed to be driven by transistor or hybrid amps, but I think I would want to try tube amp at some point, and it seems that Octave could be an excellent choice, this side of some great separates. And replacing speakers would be a difficult and expensive endeavor. Free resonance speakers have their drawbacks but they have the advantages too.

Octave amps (all of their products) sound great but, they break down. They have a lot of post-sale issues and it's hard to find anyone to fix them.  I've sent an amp back for repair two times now. Still isn't fixed and will require a third trip back.

Quality assurance isn't their thing. Disappointing but the reality of their QA.