Furman Upgrade to Niagra

I remember ready an article some time ago by @erik_squires on 110v power and him recommending these as a good place to start, so I bought a couple of: https://furmanpower.com/product/15a-6-outlet-surge-suppressor-strip/

I recall him saying to use one bank for analogue and the other for digital. Well, I have no analogue gear, so I just use all the outlets as needed.

What would an Audioquest Niagra 3000 or even the Niagra 1200 do for my system over and above my simple power strips, would the large monetary investment be a substantial beneficial to my system over my pair of PST-6s? Thanks.

128x128navyachts

I have a dedicated circuit and my system benefited from a Niagara 7000. My amp, however, sounds better plugged directly into the wall. Ensure your best cable runs between the wall and conditioner. 

I own both the Furman pst-8 and the Niagara 1200. Both are great. Garth Powell of audioquest actually designed them both. He used to be employed by furman. There is a pst-8d that cators to digital. I also use the AQ nrg Edison 20 amp receptacle. It’s connected to a 20 amp dedicated circuit utilizing 12 awg romex. My choice of AQ cables include the z3, thunder, and x3 power cords. Speaker cable is the venerable AQ type 4 (2 pairs for biwire). System comprised of Sugden a21 se signature and tannoy legacy eatons.

+1 @erik_squires I too have a PF15 elite. It was the best bang for the buck I've ever made. I recently tried the Niagara 1200 and could tell no difference what so ever. I sold it and put my PF15 back in my system. I also use another one for my TV, it makes a difference.IMHO you would have to move to the 3000 for any real improvement over the Furman. Good luck out there! FYI I am running a McIntosh MA352 integrated, Aurender A200 streamer and Rega P6, with Sutherland preamp.

@audioguy85 @milo0812 sweet set-up guys, thanks for sharing!

Over Covid I was out of work and sold all my gear (and my house) just to survive, in that old set up I had a Furman PF Elite that I let go for pennies on the dollar. Wish I had it (and my old system) back again...

@navyachts, I think your system would definitely benefit from getting an AQ Niagara power conditioner and an equally good AQ power cable to plug into the wall. Everything sounds better when you’ve got the cleanest power possible running through your listening chain. My setup starts with an AQ Thunder power cable and a Niagara 1200 conditioner. I just use headphones on my high end setup, so the 1200/Thunder combination was perfect for me. But if you can swing an AQ 3000 with their Hurricane power cable, then you’d be set pretty good IMHO.